Monday, April 27, 2009




Well, As the end of the school year draws near it is time to start thinking about what I want to do with my summer. Some things are already predetermined. I will be going to my daughter's, Erin, graduation from the Dallas Art Institute sometimes in June. That should be a weekend affair with partying with friends and family. It's what to do after that that is in question. My plans are to make a wide circle across the mid and southeastern United States visiting with friends along the way. If these plans come to fruition my first stop will be Louisville, KY to visit my old friend Jim Thomas of USAEUR & 7th Army fame. We were stationed together in Heidelberg, Germany in the early 1970's and have kept in touch ever sense. My eventual goal for this trip is to visit Washington, D.C. for a back stage pass to the Library of Congress. This I am working on with the director of the library here. A quick stop in Roanke, VA to visit another friend I have not seen in forever but reconnected with this year via the internet. After Washington, if time and money permit, I will travel north to the hallowed grounds of Gettysburg. I have always wanted to go there, so this may be my chance. My return trip will take me through Atlanta, GA for a visit with my best friend from my childhood years, Richard Campbell. As I proceed back toward home I will also make a stop in Huntsville, AL to try and locate a long, missing friend that no one has seen in many years.

These plans are all just tenative based on whatever the future holds but they are my plans none the less.

Wish me luck on accomplishing all that I hope to do this summer.

CFS

1 comment:

Erin Rinehardt said...

Sounds like a fun trip. Can I come? Where on earth did you dig up that picture? It's so funny that it never fails that you say something right as a picture is being taken and your immortalized with your mouth wide open. Good stuff!