Monday, March 2, 2009

It's time to move on!

So far I have not met a single person among my friends and acquaintances that say they voted for the current President. And I will admit I did not vote for the man either. But yet there he sits firmly ensconced in the White House with the secure knowledge that anything he asks for is liable to be granted to him by the majority Democratic congress. I am also not very pleased with the direction he is taking this country in by increasing the debt through major spending campaigns designed to redistribute the wealth generated by hard working American citizens. I feel he is creating an ever widening rift between those citizens who would rather wait for the government to provide them with what they need as opposed to those individuals willing to get up each day and work for a pay check.

But the true of the matters is, it’s a done deal. Unless we a willing to engage in a violent revolution designed to overthrow the government (and I am not) we have to get over the inevitable and begin working toward electing a different president in four years. What’s done is done, now it’s time to move forward, albeit a more difficult struggle. If this president can turn around this ailing economy and make good on all of the promises he has made with his rhetoric of hope and change, then and only then will I ever consider giving him a second term as president. GOOD LUCK, MR. PRESIDENT and GOD BLESS.

No comments: